CDC Events respect your personal information and will only ask you for the information we really need. We will look after your data in the same way we would want ours looking after and ensure it is kept secure. We will only share your information with others where we need their services to deliver an event (such as a photo booth supplier who may need your email to send you the photos after your event). Please rest assured that we will not share your information in any other circumstances or sell it to any third parties.
1. The Data we collect
As a data controller we collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services, and we will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely.
We may ask you to provide us the following data –
- First and last name
- Address and postcode
- Contact telephone number
- Company name
- Event date
- Event venue
We use the above data to enable us to contact you about the services that you have asked us to provide for you, your company and your event. We may also contact you to make you aware of other services we provide that may be of interest, including production, catering and venue sourcing. We may also contact you to gain your permission to publish any images taken at your events for use in our own marketing and publicity.
2. Which third parties do we share Personal Data with?
We share personal data with the following third parties:
- Our accountant
- Third party suppliers
- Email provider
- There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
3. Why do we share your Personal Data with the above?
- We share with our accountant so that they can carry out required legal accountancy services
- We share with third party suppliers to enable them to personalise their service for your event (for example if you have asked for your company name and event date to be printed on photos from a photo booth supplier)
- We share with our email provider so that we can contact you when we need to
4. How do we keep your personal data secure?
- We store any paper copies of your contract and event details securely in a locked and alarmed building
- All computers that are used to communicate with you and store your details are password protected and never left in the office premises overnight
- In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we will also inform you
6. Your rights
- the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- the right to have your personal data erased
- the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
- the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).We also give you the option to manage your data via contacting us by email, telephone or in writing.
7. Holding periods
We do not hold personal data for any longer than we need to. The duration will depend on your relationship with us, and whether it is ongoing. We may keep some of your personal data as follows:
- A copy of your event contract for up to 7 years after our working contract with you has finished for tax legislation purposes
- Copies of email communication for up to a period of 5 years to enable us to answer any queries that you may have